• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on uncontested divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vinjoeana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
My sister had her husband served with divorce papers. He never answered them so she went to court after his time ran out and brought her proof of service, etc. They have not given a court date yet but she was wondering if her soon to be ex husband can still contest it even though he didn't answer the papers during the time he was supposed to. They do not have any children together. They were married in January 2011 and then separated 3 months later. He was served with the papers in December.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
My sister had her husband served with divorce papers. He never answered them so she went to court after his time ran out and brought her proof of service, etc. They have not given a court date yet but she was wondering if her soon to be ex husband can still contest it even though he didn't answer the papers during the time he was supposed to. They do not have any children together. They were married in January 2011 and then separated 3 months later. He was served with the papers in December.
Is there a GOOD reason that you are posting your sisters business on the net? Can she not ask her own questions IF she cares to?:confused:

vinjoeana

her computer is not working so she asked me to but I don't see why you need to be so nasty about it. If you don't have an answer then there's no need to reply at all

Just Blue

her computer is not working so she asked me to but I don't see why you need to be so nasty about it. If you don't have an answer then there's no need to reply at all
Per your posting Hx I see you have a propensity to post for others. Please have your sister sign up, under her own name, at the library, or just let her use you computer. We are open 24/7.

Thank You.
Blue

vinjoeana

I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Obviously you have issues. I see your other posts and how nasty you are to everyone else. Perhaps you should stop posting on these forums. The purpose is to get advice and it shouldn't matter who is asking for it. If I choose to do a favor for my sister and ask a question for her then it's none of your concern. You need to find something better to do with your time then looking for snide comments to make on these forums that people are going to in order to get advice.
Have a good night**************..

Proserpina

Look - the simple answer is "Yes, he may have another chance to contest/respond to the divorce".

The likelihood of that being granted is anyone's guess.

And honestly, it IS far better for your sister to sign up. Why? Because she's the legal party to the case. She knows what she's actually filed - and she'll have the details.

There. Asked and answered.

Can we all move along now? Nothing to see here (other than the weird guy with the monkey).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">