• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions about divorce hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZenAgent

What is the name of your state?TN

I signed the divorce papers my husband had drawn up in November 2004 and received a letter from his attorney advising me I would be notified of the date of the hearing before the judge. I had dismissed my attorney and wanted the matter ended. I was shocked after Christmas when my husband told me the divorce had been finalized in mid December. He admitted that he waited until the thirty days to appeal had passed to tell me. When he sent me copies of the final documents last week they included a cover letter from his attorney advising him not to discuss the matter until the thirty day window to appeal had passed. Now there are questions of his refusal for requests of financial disclosure and possible hidden assets coming to light since he thinks the matter is finished. What are my options? Was this conspiracy of silence legal?

Last edited:

LdiJ

ZenAgent said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TN

I signed the divorce papers my husband had drawn up in November 2004 and received a letter from his attorney advising me I would be notified of the date of the hearing before the judge. I had dismissed my attorney and wanted the matter ended. I was shocked after Christmas when my husband told me the divorce had been finalized on Dec.19. He admitted that he waited until the thirty days to appeal had passed to tell me. I asked to have the divorce papers sent to my home, and I discovered one document that has my signature on it that I did not sign. I also found a letter my husband received from his attorney advising him not to discuss the matter until the thirty day window to appeal had passed. Now there are questions of hidden assets coming to light since he thinks the matter is finished. What are my options? Was this conspiracy of silence legal? What about the forged signature?
Consult with an attorney in your area. This isn't an issue for a discussion board.

ZenAgent

Revision of previous question

Please advise on the previous question. Signature forgery is no longer an issue. Is there any recourse on the other matters? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">