• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions on annulment in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annul in texas

What is the name of your state? texas
i received anull papers today from husband of 10 days! he did not address my name as HIS. it WAS my name PRIOR to marrige. also; the papers states "fraud" on my part. how do i find out "what fraud" i supposedly committed to file this? and also; on 5/5/03; i applied for a emergency protective order against HIM. these papers state "No protective order under title 4 of the Texas Family Code is in effect, and no application for a protective order is pending with regard to the parties in this suit". I gave the DA office a statement on 5/5/03 for application of order. I do not know as of this date 5/23/03 IF it was processed or not. I DO INDEED want this annullment; just wanted to cover myself with these questions above. PLEASE HELP ASAP. i have 20 days! thank you

B

Boxcarbill

annul in texas said:
What is the name of your state? texas
i received anull papers today from husband of 10 days! he did not address my name as HIS. it WAS my name PRIOR to marrige. also; the papers states "fraud" on my part. how do i find out "what fraud" i supposedly committed to file this? and also; on 5/5/03; i applied for a emergency protective order against HIM. these papers state "No protective order under title 4 of the Texas Family Code is in effect, and no application for a protective order is pending with regard to the parties in this suit". I gave the DA office a statement on 5/5/03 for application of order. I do not know as of this date 5/23/03 IF it was processed or not. I DO INDEED want this annullment; just wanted to cover myself with these questions above. PLEASE HELP ASAP. i have 20 days! thank you
You go to court to find out the specifics of the fraud allegations. The divorce petition under the Texas Family Code is not required to specify specific facts.

§ 6.402. Pleadings

(a) A petition in a suit for dissolution of a marriage is sufficient without the necessity of specifying the underlying evidentiary facts if the petition alleges the grounds relied on substantially in the language of the statute.

(b) Allegations of grounds for relief, matters of defense, or facts relied on for a temporary order that are stated in short and plain terms are not subject to special exceptions because of form or sufficiency.

(c) The court shall strike an allegation of evidentiary fact from the pleadings on the motion of a party or on the court's own motion.

Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 7, § 1, eff. April 17, 1997.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">