• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions on Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Silvie

What is the name of your state? FL

My husband and I can't seem to agree on anything. We have more bad days than good. We just recently bought a house and we have a small child. I want to get a divorce, my questions...

Is it possible to file divorce while living together, I know he won't agree to a divorce or leave the house?

What is involved in filing the papers for divorce and doing everything yourself and what will it cost, I can't afford a lawyer?

How long will it take especially since I know he won't agree to one?

ellencee

Buying a house is one of the most frequent causes of marital unhappiness. It represents an enormous responsibility for an extremely long period of time and that doesn't include the stress of finding the house, financing the house, furnishing the house, moving, etc. And you have a small child? That's another enormous responsibility for an extremely long period of time!

Why not try letting go of the small things about your husband that bother you and bite your tongue instead of arguing with him. I've found that silently, but mentally, chanting 'I will not kill my husband; I will not kill my husband' works very well.

You've got to understand that there are times in a marriage when it is impossible to live in harmony and someone has got to be quiet and let it go. If you think a divorce would make your life easier, read all of these threads (posts) about visitation, custody, and support. It isn't a door to the road of happiness and no problems.

Best wishes,
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">