• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions..pls help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIZZ~J

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I have,since the last time on here, signed the termination of status paperwork and apparently they are on their way to being filed (finally) in the courts. My question now is we have a "mandatory settlement conference" that my lawyer did not set up. Apparently the courts do this =/ what do I need for this conference? my lawyer is aware of the only things still pending to finalize the complete divorce (child care cost and a cell phone debt) .....also, after us having set up the court order for child visitation and child support is it too early to modify it? Can this all be finalized in the conference? :confused:

MIZZ~J

Help

ANYONE???
I still don't see any paperwork being processed (courts open access), How long does this sort of status termination take to be processed?????
Please anyone with an answer :(

CourtClerk

You REALLY need to be more patient, and I don't care if you did post this yesterday. You have an attorney, and if you want an immediate answer, call your attorney.

Now yes, you can finalize everything at the MSC.

Depending on the county you're in and the courthouse that your matter is being heard in, it can take a few months to get the final judgment signed. Takes as long as 4 months here sometimes. We have a large backlog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">