• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quick claim and inhertance property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Christine050251

What is the name of your state? florida

I would really appreciate your advice to a few questions.

I remarried 10 years ago and he moved into my home.
I am on the deed and he is on the morgage. We live in Deland Florida.
I think ( know ) he is cheating and I want to get my ducks in a row before getting upset and saying things I would be sorry for.

Can I get him to sign a "quick claim deed" now ( said he would awhile back) and would that keep him from forcing me sell my home...etc... in case of divorce? I hope so, I think I could get him to sign it.

If not, what can I do now so I can prevent loosing my home?

I am 52 and we have an adopted 16month old.

Second question:
His parents are willing him a duplex, of which I will not be anywhere on the deed or morgage I am certain. I think it is a trust or something. Since we are married, would it also be 1/2 mine reguardless? ( florida law?) He has racked up my credit cards and by selling a duplex I could recoupe and possibly get by raising a child alone.

You see, because of his lack of work, I have borrowed to live off of my credit cards ( we have separate checking, cards, ...etc... ) My credit is excellent, his is not. He has nothing to borrow from.

I have a cleaning service, but don't make much as he says he is to tired after work to help me with the commercial accounts. The places are not safe alone for a woman at night, so I need him with me.
So through the years I dropped alot of accounts and mostly are a stay at home mom.

Please help me here, I hear your show on the radio and I know I asked two questions but I need some guidence.

In Christ
chris

Christine050251

I don't know how to access my replys

I know there are people answering me but I'll be darn if I can figure out how to get to the replys. Hopefully they will come to me in an email. I need some answers.

In Christ,
Christine

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">