• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quick deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

82bad

What is the name of your state?California My wife and I did a refinance of our home. To avoid the IRS from collecting back taxes, I signed a quick deed over to her at the closing with verbal agreement to undo this in few weeks. We never did. I am now considering divorce. How will this quick deed affect the division of property?

VeronicaGia

You signed it solely over to her and not to her and yourself? When my DH and I refinanced, he signed a quit claim deed over to me and him, not just me. Also, CA is a community property state, so either way I believe you both have equal interest in the property.

HomeGuru

82bad said:
What is the name of your state?California My wife and I did a refinance of our home. To avoid the IRS from collecting back taxes, I signed a quick deed over to her at the closing with verbal agreement to undo this in few weeks. We never did. I am now considering divorce. How will this quick deed affect the division of property?
**A: I guess you were not quick enough although in my opinion, it would not effect the distribution due to the community property issues. Your IRS issues may complicate settlement matters though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">