• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question on Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laquinta

CALIFORNIA

are there any remedies for a divorce filed without your knowledge. she was granted everything because she intentionally used incorrect addresses for me????

please help:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

laquinta said:
CALIFORNIA

are there any remedies for a divorce filed without your knowledge. she was granted everything because she intentionally used incorrect addresses for me????

please help

====================================

My response:

Did you check the court file to see if she filed for a "Default Judgment"?

Did you check the court file to see what address she used in her "Proof of Service" on the original Petition?

If there were errors that caused your default; e.g., failure to receive "notice" of the pending action, then you can file your "Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment" under CCP Section 473.

You have up to 6 months to accomplish this task, and the longer you wait, the worse it becomes for you. So, prepare and file your Motion as soon as possible.

I hope, for your sake, that the Default Judgment isn't more than 6 months old. If it is, you can forget about it.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">