Closed Thread
    aka2much is offline Junior Member

quickest cheapest way to get divorce

What is the name of your state?california

i m here as a tourist visa and i met someone and i want to get married ,my problem is i thought that my first marriage was annulled but due to clerical error it was never officially processed so i wanted to know what is the quickest and cheapest way to get divorce because my tourist visa has expired and im scared and me and my fiancee dont want to get deported , please help desperate for any good sound advice
    Last edited by aka2much; 03-26-2006 at 07:54 PM.
    Litigation! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aka2much

i m here as a tourist visa and i met someone and i want to get married ,my problem is i thought that my first marriage was annulled but due to clerical error it was never officially processed so i wanted to know what is the quickest and cheapest way to get divorce because my tourist visa has expired and im scared and me and my fiancee dont want to get deported , please help desperate for any good sound advice

My response:

Winchester rifle, Colt Revolver, Gattling Gun.

Oh, and you're going to get deported sooner or later anyway.

IAAL
    eme76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Litigation!
    My response:

Winchester rifle, Colt Revolver, Gattling Gun.

Oh, and you're going to get deported sooner or later anyway.

IAAL
    OP wanted cheep and easy
    not just easy
    My life's in jeopardy
    Murdered in cold blood is what I'm gonna be
    I ain't been home since Friday night
    And now my wife is coming after me

Give me police protection
    Gonna buy a gun so
    I can look after number one
    Give me a bodyguard
    A back belt Judo expert with a machine gun

Gonna buy a tank and an aeroplane
    When she catches up with me
    Won't be no time to explain
    She thinks I've been with another woman
    And that's enough to send her half insane
    Gonna buy a fast car
    Put on my lead boots
    And take a long, long drive
    I may end up spending all my money
    But I'll still be alive

All I did was have a bit too much to drink
    And I picked the wrong precinct
    Got picked up by the law
    And now I ain't got time to think

Gonna buy a tank and an aeroplane
    When she catches up with me
    Won't be no time to explain
    She thinks I've been with another woman
    And that's enough to send her half insane
    Gonna buy a fast car
    Put on my lead boots
    And take a long, long drive
    I may end up spending all my money
    But I'll still be alive

And I'm oh so tired of running
    Gonna lay down on the floor
    I gotta rest some time so
    I can get to run some more

She's comin'!
    She's comin'!
    eme76 Guest

Iaal...

somtimes i think i might love you
    Quote Originally Posted by eme76
    somtimes i think i might love you

My response:

Unless you have natural, long, flowing red hair, and are between 5'6" and 6'0", with 36D cups or larger, and no more than 135 pounds, then let's not waste our time.

IAAL
    ceara19 is offline Senior Member

So you're BOTH worried about being deported? Meaning that NEITHER of you is in this country legally?
    Quote Originally Posted by ceara19
    So you're BOTH worried about being deported? Meaning that NEITHER of you is in this country legally?

My response:

No. They're both worried about having to live and stay in Burbank, California.

Duh!!

IAAL
    My response:

No. They're both worried about having to live and stay in Burbank, California.

Duh!!

IAAL
    Normally when someone asks about marriage when they are here illegally, it's because the marriage itself would make them legal. If they're BOTH illegal, getting married won't change that, which just made me wonder why bother getting married at all. Obviously, making things "legal" hasn't been that big of an issue in the past.
    eme76 Guest
    My response:

Unless you have natural, long, flowing red hair, and are between 5'6" and 6'0", with 36D cups or larger, and no more than 135 pounds, then let's not waste our time.

IAAL
    WARNING----
    THIS POST IS DIRECTED TO IAAL ONLY AND NOT MENT TO OFFEND ANYONE (except him)
    this [url]http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/423-streetclown.html[/url] probably isnt quite what you had in mind is it?
    maybe something more like [url]http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/412-fat-bitch.html[/url] ?
    Last edited by eme76; 03-26-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    cissycicle is offline Member

I obtained a divorce in the Dominican Republic several years ago. If a divorce by "mutual consent" is sought, the major expense involved is the travel and lodging. You will find many law firms offering "all inclusive divorce packages". I was placed on a direct flight from Newark to the Dominican Republic and the process was quite simple.

Cheap? Not sure. Quick, most definately! There is no waiting period required. As I recall, I did choose a "self imposed" waiting period following the court procedures. What is most important is that all documents are properly prepared for presentation. There are no residency requirements involved, however these divorce requests are only heard on certain days.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cissycicle
    I obtained a divorce in the Dominican Republic several years ago. If a divorce by "mutual consent" is sought, the major expense involved is the travel and lodging. You will find many law firms offering "all inclusive divorce packages". I was placed on a direct flight from Newark to the Dominican Republic and the process was quite simple.

Cheap? Not sure. Quick, most definately! There is no waiting period required. As I recall, I did choose a "self imposed" waiting period following the court procedures. What is most important is that all documents are properly prepared for presentation. There are no residency requirements involved, however these divorce requests are only heard on certain days.

Good luck!
    Exactly what part of your advice did you feel would in anyway be HELPFUL? The reason the OP doesn't just file for divorce in the US is because she doesn't want both of them to be DEPORTED! What you're advising is basically suggesting that they deport THEMSELVES. If they leave the country, they aren't going to get back in.
    aka2much is offline Junior Member

Cool Let me clarify the situation

I am an american citizen, that wants to get married to a girl that is here in the U.S. with a tourist visa. Fact is we got married in Las Vegas already, but when we asked for the official annulment of marriage papers of her first marriage . because I needed them to petition for her legal residency, we found out that it was never official file or somehow lost. And her visa expired already. We are trying to find the quickest and cheapest way to dissolve her first marriage so we can get married and make her a legal resident of the U.S. It sounds complicated because it is , but I know the first and most important thing to do is get her first marriage dissolved. as quickly as possible, without her leaving the U.S.