• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quicky divorce from ex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dprice34

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas, he lives in PA, we were married in PA. I contacted 2 lawyers today about his quicky divorce he wants to file. its a 2 yr seperation no fault divorce. well I find fault in that. as much as Id love to divorce the 'man' , I want to rake him throught the coals. Might it be more my benefit to file in Tx? may be a no fault, may be no alimony, which I may not get any way, cuz I have a higher education, even tho Ive been forced to stop working to deal with my bipolar 11 yr old. I wasnt working when he abandoned us to head back to PA, taking my only vehicle and stealing checks n such. My credit is awful and he had part in that. we have not lived together in 4 1/2 yrs. he pays a little bit of child support, refuses to allow me to have his number.. I want revenge and I want him to pay for deserting us, mainly his daughter, being a bum and responsibility free. I want him to be judged and juried. is this so wrong? One time i call him, he threatened me, then changed his number so i couldnt call again.. his daughter was in the hospital not long before then, and i called to get phonics for his daughter to help her reading. few times he saw her i had to take her, give him money for food, and gas etc... while I was struggling to raise the kids and pay my own bills on top of it. he sold or changed the name of anything and everything he owns so i 'wont take it in the divorce" and it seems he will be getting away with a very easy divorce if went thru PA. would it be more beneficial for me to file for a divorce here in TX? with my demands? I just want him to know what scum hes thought of in the eyes of the law. he cheated on me with men. he got with a woman a month after leaving tx n went back to pa, has a baby with her, has nothing to do with my daughter, no cards, no nothing. and PA is ok with this? yet, Ill get the shaft thru that state while he gets to run free and keep reproducing and leaving them behind. he has 3 daughters total. :confused:

I need some advice... if it will be more beneficial, Id love to hire a lawyer, and I want him made to pay the fees. he makes 3 times more money than I do. im forced to be at home, yet pa could care less.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas, he lives in PA, we were married in PA. I contacted 2 lawyers today about his quicky divorce he wants to file. its a 2 yr seperation no fault divorce. well I find fault in that. as much as Id love to divorce the 'man' , I want to rake him throught the coals. Might it be more my benefit to file in Tx? may be a no fault, may be no alimony, which I may not get any way, cuz I have a higher education, even tho Ive been forced to stop working to deal with my bipolar 11 yr old. I wasnt working when he abandoned us to head back to PA, taking my only vehicle and stealing checks n such. My credit is awful and he had part in that. we have not lived together in 4 1/2 yrs. he pays a little bit of child support, refuses to allow me to have his number.. I want revenge and I want him to pay for deserting us, mainly his daughter, being a bum and responsibility free. I want him to be judged and juried. is this so wrong? One time i call him, he threatened me, then changed his number so i couldnt call again.. his daughter was in the hospital not long before then, and i called to get phonics for his daughter to help her reading. few times he saw her i had to take her, give him money for food, and gas etc... while I was struggling to raise the kids and pay my own bills on top of it. he sold or changed the name of anything and everything he owns so i 'wont take it in the divorce" and it seems he will be getting away with a very easy divorce if went thru PA. would it be more beneficial for me to file for a divorce here in TX? with my demands? I just want him to know what scum hes thought of in the eyes of the law. he cheated on me with men. he got with a woman a month after leaving tx n went back to pa, has a baby with her, has nothing to do with my daughter, no cards, no nothing. and PA is ok with this? yet, Ill get the shaft thru that state while he gets to run free and keep reproducing and leaving them behind. he has 3 daughters total. :confused:

I need some advice... if it will be more beneficial, Id love to hire a lawyer, and I want him made to pay the fees. he makes 3 times more money than I do. im forced to be at home, yet pa could care less.
You are bitter - and have reason to be.

But, wouldn't you rather just be done with this man?

seniorjudge

Ethical lawyers are loath to take on cases where the client says, "It's the principle of the thing."

However, if you have plenty of money and want to fight for years about this, I am sure you will be able to find a lawyer to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">