• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim deeds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jaeag

California
My wife and I bought a house about 6 months ago. In order for us to qualfiy I had to sign a quit claim deed since my credit is not satisfactory. We both have however, equal interests in this home, ie: equal down payment, equal remodel costs and labor and time. I have fixed this house up from a shack to a nice home. I have approximently $30,000 into this home including down payment of $19,000 About $10,000 in fixing and repairs. We've been maried for 2.5 years been living together for 8 years. My question is if we get a divorce as that looks like where were heading do I have 50% of the equity or am I not able to recover any of my investment that I've been putting into this house. I have a statement signed by her stating that I am 50% vested into this deal, will that hold up in court? What exactly is a quit claim deed.
Thank you for your time & any input.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">