• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re: Divorce case-Alimony-citizenship-bigamy-abuse…

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelflo

Re: Divorce case-Alimony-citizenship-bigamy-abuse…

This is my situation and sad story: I am a French citizen, married to an American citizen since1996. We got married in France as he is a professional basketball player and wanted to be naturalized French. I filed for him and did all his papers so he could be French citizen and player (much more job offers) and also benefit of free health coverage, unemployment (which is close to 78% of the salary during the time he is not working: between one season to the other) and all the French social helps. We have a 7 years old son who has dual citizenship.

Now, we are not together, and have been separated for the past 3 years because he was physically and verbally very abusive with me and my son.

During all these years of marriage, he always refused to file for my US papers, even though I was just asking to be able to work in the USA when we were spending each summer in Florida. Now, even if we are still legally married, I found out he got remarried in Miami in June 2003 and I even have the marriage certificate to prove it.

Recently, after playing another season or French NBA, he escaped from France to avoid what the divorce court has condemned him to pay: 42000 € of alimony. He also lied to the court and the lawyers saying that the big house we had bought in Riverview, Florida in 2002 -while we were together- had been taken by the State as he couldn’t pay for the mortgage. Actually, I recently found out that he is still living in this house with his new wife and her son and he even rented it during the year, when he is playing basketball over seas.

Not to mention that he didn’t pay child support for almost a year and I never had no compensation for this in France.

This is why I decided to bring my case to the United Stated as, obviously it is very difficult to obtain anything from France and my lawyer there already told me that, as he always escaping to the USA, (which I have the papers her in New York to prove that s well) I won’t probably be able to get any money back from him. This divorce in France has been taking way too much time : almost 3 years now and barely a result: all I got from it is that a social inquiry has decided that he has lost his son’s custody and will only be tolerated to see him in a protected environment, no visitation is permitted.

I am now in New York with my son who is in school here and I am willing to fight against this really unfair case and obtain my legal status here as I am still married to this man now for 8 years.

Actually, it looks like an American citizen can easily go abroad, totally take advantage of someone and the country (he is still getting unemployment money from France!) escape and be free to commit bigamy and leave his legal wife and the mother of his child as well as his child in a very bad financial and social situation.

There would be more amazing details that I could give you about this story and documents to prove it. I would like to know if you could consider my case and help me to reach a better situation as I want to be able to give the best to my son.

You can contact me anytime by email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Sincerely,

Florence

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">