• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

savec0re

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My ex-wife and I purchased a condominium together in May 2006. Our divorce was final January 2009. When the condominium went on the market the real estate agent called me and stated that my ex-wife said she had paperwork that states I would be responsible for all associated fees (since we plan to take a loss on the property). I cannot find anything in the divorce decree or settlement agreement that states that I am responsible for such fees, nor can I find any information in regards to splitting such fees. There is a section that states we would "split any monies 50/50 above and beyond any mortgages, property taxes, and closing costs". I am on the mortgage but both of us are on the deed. Who would be responsible for the real estate agent fees and all that other fun stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">