• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Really need an answer fl-180

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cariboupc

California...i have posted 2 other times asking about now that i got my fl 180 forms back, after the 6th page (the judgement) it is not signed...do i have to sign that and file that to be officially divorced? The court backdated my divorce date to 6 months ago so my wait time is over...am i done or do i need to sign the form and file that too? This is a no contest divorce...

mistoffolees

California...i have posted 2 other times asking about now that i got my fl 180 forms back, after the 6th page (the judgement) it is not signed...do i have to sign that and file that to be officially divorced? The court backdated my divorce date to 6 months ago so my wait time is over...am i done or do i need to sign the form and file that too? This is a no contest divorce...
Maybe if you post the same question 5 or 6 more times......

Read the form. Do what the form says. If you have a question, call your court clerk and/or an attorney.

Cariboupc

mistoffolees fl-180

I was just looking for some help. i didnt know i was going to be treated that way. i just wanted someone to help me. there arent really enough instructions on the form

LdiJ

I was just looking for some help. i didnt know i was going to be treated that way. i just wanted someone to help me. there arent really enough instructions on the form
The problem is, is that your question is very technical. There would have to be someone here, from your state and probably even your county, with the answer to that question. The odds of that are slim.

You need to get the answer from a local source.

CourtClerk

California...i have posted 2 other times
From my research, both of those posts were YESTERDAY, only 3 hours apart. Believe it or not, most of us on this board have JOBS that are really more important than volunteering our time answering your questions for FREE. Those people you pay to answer your questions (they are called attorneys and paralegals) answer your questions the minute you ask (and sometimes they don't even do that). Now... have a little patience around here.
asking about now that i got my fl 180 forms back, after the 6th page (the judgement) it is not signed...
What encompasses the 6 pages? FL-180 is the judgment and it is only 2 pages long. Is there a check mark in the box that says something like signature after the last attachment?
do i have to sign that and file that to be officially divorced?
I'm sorry, but since you got all huffy and posted this question 3 times, I have a really snarky question for you...

Do you see ANYWHERE on that form that asks for your signature? I didn't think so.
The court backdated my divorce date to 6 months ago so my wait time is over...am i done or do i need to sign the form and file that too? This is a no contest divorce...
If a judicial officer signed the judgment, you're done. So go look for the judicial officer's signature. Come back if you don't find it... Post here... AND ONLY ONCE. Once you post, WAIT for the answer... no matter how long you have to wait.

LdiJ

That would be me...

No need to go down to the county, the whole state uses the same forms....
For some reason I had it in my head that this was an FL post...sorry. Otherwise I would have told the OP to wait for you.

Cariboupc

FL 180 response

If a judicial officer signed the judgment, you're done. So go look for the judicial officer's signature. Come back if you don't find it.
What encompasses the 6 pages? FL-180 is the judgment and it is only 2 pages long. Is there a check mark in the box that says something like signature after the last attachment?

me-the form is 2 pages, and then my judgement is attached to that..so like 6 pages...there is a box that says signature to follow last page, but there is no signature there...i am so confused...do i sign this? do i turn it back in to be signed? any and all help is very greatly appreciated..thank you in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">