• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Really Odd Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crossroads86

State: Ga.

In March of 2012 I met what I thought was a kind and gentle injured solider (not in battle, in training) who turned out to be diagnosed with bipolar, borderline personality disorder, narcissism, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anti-social elements (his sister has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and I obsessive read up on it), and that's only to name a few of the disorders, some of which he has now tattooed on his neck (DSMV codes). He went from kindness and love letters, to dragging me down a hall, making me watch him carve his face with beer bottles, pour little fluid on floor of the house I own and around my car and I had to get the lighter away, me and his mother believed he faked the suicide attempt that occurred one time when he realized I was going to leave him. He's currently on 70% disability to through the VA and we are legal separated. The second time he actually verbally threatened to do me physical harm I left (the other had always looked like might have been an accident, stupid excuses I made), but I left after the second demonstration that he was capable of planning an intending violence.

We married in July of 2012 (fast I know, but he charmed me out of my comfort zone). By August I was having to wrestle broken beer bottles out of his hand and having to stop him from putting cigarettes out on him. By December I FOUND OUT HE WAS STILL LEGALLY MARRIED TO HIS "EX" WIFE. He got out of the military in Feb. 2013 and the abuse worsened, never like punchling, but shoving, name calling, denying affection. In August he finally got LEGALLY DIVORCED FROM HIS EX WIFE. By August he knew I was ready to leave and he "Tried to kill himself". I say tried because he says he tried to hang himself in a hotel room after a bender but when I got to the hospital he didn't have a mark around his neck and he was diagnosed bipolar. I stayed hoping the meds would help. When they didn't at first I left for a week and he talked me back in, acted all nice for a few weeks, and then started right back up again. When he threatened to slap the taste out of my mouth and then asked for a divorce (he did this sometimes weekly, and then would say he didn't want one), I stuck to it and got out. I agreed to give him a divorce when he paid me back like the $8,000 he owed me for incurred expenses (things put on my credit cards). He's negotiated me down to $6,000 and in payments of $500, which he has yet to pay a full month of (One month he said money was tight and I accepted a t.v. instead, because I needed one anyway and didn't want to screw him, then last month he could only pay $200 despite having money to get piercings and tattoos.) He's bouncing his rent checks despite making $1440 through disability and the GI bill housing allowance cause he's in school. He's inline to get like $26,000 in backpay from the VA because everyone is saying he will likely get 100% (Would up his pay to like $2,999 a month). I'm trying to be prepared for if he doesn't pay me this month. This relationship has left me anxiety problems I was prescribed medicine for, I lost my income tax because of a bill he didn't pay and wouldn't let me pay when we had the money, I'm out money, and I exhibit signs of complex post traumatic stress disorder now. I'm afraid because he married me illegal (his exwife swears he knew and never gave her money for a divorce, he swears he did, but when he tried to show me proof couldn't find it in the online banking statements of the time, leading me to believe her), that I want get anything and he'll walk into the sunset doing this to one more person. His own mother told me today that she's so sorry he's a sociopath and it's not my fault. Do I have any right to any monetary compensation. I quit two jobs because I couldn't manage him and working and tried going to school instead, had to drop out of grad school because of the divorce. Currently can't pay some bills because he's not giving me the right amount of money. I'm at the can't see out of the forest of problems to see even where to start. I don't want to go to jail because I didn't know he was married and I don't want to not get anything after everything he did to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">