• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reclaiming Real Eastate no longer lived in by EX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neosmile

Name of my state= Colorado
My name is still on the deed to the house. My EX refinanced the property. The intentions were that she would continue to live in the house and upon leaving, the property would be sold and I would have 1/2 of the equity. However, no complete details were listed in the divorce decree. She has since changed residence elsewhere in the state. The property is being rented (I have no details on that arrangement). Is there a way to legally push forward with a sale of the property?

LdiJ

neosmile said:
Name of my state= Colorado
My name is still on the deed to the house. My EX refinanced the property. The intentions were that she would continue to live in the house and upon leaving, the property would be sold and I would have 1/2 of the equity. However, no complete details were listed in the divorce decree. She has since changed residence elsewhere in the state. The property is being rented (I have no details on that arrangement). Is there a way to legally push forward with a sale of the property?
While I agree with Belize...are you sure that you are still on the deed? In order for her to refinance on her own that generally requires a quit claim from you.

What exactly did the divorce decree say regarding the house?....and what if any paperwork did you sign when she refinanced?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">