• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX How do I get whatever it would be called that gives the circumstances for a judge to recuse himself in a divorce case that occured about 18 months ago in here in TX. The local judge just happened to know the female, and he decided to dismiss on those grounds I guess. Any suggestings would be great, thanks.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? TX How do I get whatever it would be called that gives the circumstances for a judge to recuse himself in a divorce case that occured about 18 months ago in here in TX. The local judge just happened to know the female, and he decided to dismiss on those grounds I guess. Any suggestings would be great, thanks.
Dismiss what? The petition for divorce? What did the Judge ACTUALLY say when he dismissed the case? (I doubt it was "Hey! I know this woman...case dismissed!")

And are you a party in this? .... and if so, did you have a lawyer?

nextwife

Dismiss what? The petition for divorce? What did the Judge ACTUALLY say when he dismissed the case? (I doubt it was "Hey! I know this woman...case dismissed!")

And are you a party in this? .... and if so, did you have a lawyer?
Poster: did he recuss or dismiss? These are two different things.

HE can recuse because he knew one of the divorcing parties. That's all that is necessary for recusing himself.. The judge says he must recuse himself.

He doesn't need to go into detail: "This lady donated to my campaign and let me put a lawn sign on her property" or "I grew up as a friend of her brother and used to shoot hoops at her parents house." or "My wife and her sister are friends since college". The judge doesn't need to provide those details. His recussing himself is sufficient to establish that he feels it's inappropriate to judge this case.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ON an aside here, I NEVER understood why the two Supreme Court judges who had family members closely involved with the Bush campaign did not feel that judging Bush V. Gore was NOT a conflict of interest when they gave Bush the presidency in a Judicial Coup.

Last edited:

nextwife

An aside to the aside .They didn't give BUSH anything.He won the election.It's time some cry babies move on.
Bull. Many eligible minority voters were denied the right to vote in various FL counties by the Republican machine down there. There was documented disenfranchisement.

Last edited:

LdiJ

A political debate doesn't belong here. However, if you want things to change, then blame the current electoral process and fight to have it changed to a popular vote process.
The same argument/debate happened when Grover Cleveland won the popular vote but Benjamin Harrison won the electoral vote.

That election was so close that someone would be claiming fraud no matter who won it. That is a simple and clear fact.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My original asside was about judges and recusal.
Your "ass -- ide" or your aside. An Ass-ide probably only occurs around the 15th of March.:D
As for the OP's original question....
You can't get a judge to recuse himself from a case that was dismissed 18 months ago and it is far too late to appeal -- what you can do is file again and proceed through the process. If the judge ends up the case this time then you ask for him to recuse himself immediately.

nextwife

Your "ass -- ide" or your aside. An Ass-ide probably only occurs around the 15th of March.:D
You can't get a judge to recuse himself from a case that was dismissed 18 months ago and it is far too late to appeal -- what you can do is file again and proceed through the process. If the judge ends up the case this time then you ask for him to recuse himself immediately.
Coffee jitters.

Recuse

Edited;

I misspoke, no dismissal has occurred in a divorce proceeding, only a recusal of a district judge, who also is the local administrating judge for other courts in that area (I guess that is how it works) and their judge's motions for recusal.

I did figure out how to obtain the divorce info and did so from the district clerk. The "letter" as was described on the online case lookup for that county that pertained to why the judged recused himself, was in the divorce info the clerk gave me to view, but only referenced the government code that spelled out who had jurisdiction for when a judge did recuse, and did not refer to his reason for recusing himself. I can reasonably assume he did because the female in question once worked for the local DA who is in the same very small building as this district judge, and when people work that closely, friendships often occur. No worries, maybe.

I am still after two things and not sure how to obtain them. First, the details surrounding the recusal for her divorce. And second, and this has come up since I first posted, if that district judge who is also the admin judge for that area, can rule on another judge's recusal that involves that same female, but is a criminal case in a county court of law, again, in that area.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Dude...edit that and add some white space and paragraphs.

That is WAAY to hard to read.

Bali Hai

I asked the judge in my divorce case to recuse himself for being a one-way, pro-wife, man-hating son-of-a-b!tch but he declined.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">