• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recovery of Damages due to Bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

uwebtrace.com

I cannot find any information on how to go about recovering money that was used and stolen during a marriage that was "void" because of bigamy. I keep getting told that I have a right to revover that money that she spent, money she took out of the bank account and any bills or debts that were incurred during the marriage. I cannot however find anyone to tell me how to do it, much less find a lawyer who will help me do it. She lives in Utah, I live in Illinois, we were both living in Georgia when we were married, and we were married in Alabama. Can anyone here give me some free advice? Thanks.

Investigate Anyone or Any Business At No Charge!!

LegalBeagle

uwebtrace.com said:
I cannot find any information on how to go about recovering money that was used and stolen during a marriage that was "void" because of bigamy. I keep getting told that I have a right to revover that money that she spent, money she took out of the bank account and any bills or debts that were incurred during the marriage. I cannot however find anyone to tell me how to do it, much less find a lawyer who will help me do it. She lives in Utah, I live in Illinois, we were both living in Georgia when we were married, and we were married in Alabama. Can anyone here give me some free advice? Thanks.
You need to define 'used' and 'stolen'. If what you are saying is that you married and then she used your money for food then no, you can not recover. Do you have any proof that she purposely married you for the money and knew it was illegal?

U

uwebtrace.com

What Stolen And Used Mean.

Stolen: When I was deployed with the military, she telling me she was leaving me, that we weren't really married because she was still married to someone else. Then taking all the money out of the bank account and not paying any bills but using cell phones and credit cards that were not in her name, and charging them up, and not paying for them.

Used: Using my money that I earned, to pay for her college tuition and to pay for her divorce to her real husband while I was away and deployed overseas defending this great country you all reside in.

Those are just a few examples I can point out. It all boils down to approximately 10,000 worth of money and bills. That's being polite of course, having the documents to prove it all. So is she liable??

P.S. Yes, she knew what she was doing was illegal.

Last edited:
U

uwebtrace.com

Anyone have some free advice for me?

Does anyone have any advice for me or show me other cases where damages were recovered in a bigamy situation??

U

uwebtrace.com

Trying to get some free advice

Well here it is again, anyone have any advice for me as to how I can recover or get a judgement against her for this?

J

JKnapp

Try going to FindLaw.com and/or the State in witch this all took place.
Checking out State and Goverment web sites on laws and statuies. This type of thing happens alot and because the laws have changed so much over the years that it is not considered a real crime.
Infact it is a crimnal act on her behalf.
I have just found on the internet that my husband ex-wife was married to someone else when he was in the USMC ( before he married her). He divorced in 91 and we married in 94 (and the issue of support for a child that he don't even know if it's his now)has been increased to alot of money.
I just went to a web site www.courtsearch.com and found that his ex has had 6(six) different men in and out of court for child support in the last 10(ten)years 9and a bunch of crimnal charages also) has still never divorced her first husband.
I think he was in jail when she pushed to marry my husband in 87.
I just found out that her first husband is a registred child molstser. And as far as I can see she still is married to her first husband there is still no divorce papers to be found in the state of NC.
So I hope you can get a lawyer to help because we need the same thing.
Thank God you caught on to her and you where able to cut your losses.All we have is just papers and lots of bills pilling up daily.
Good Luck in your search for Justice and please, if you do find any thing please let me know.
From one victum to another another Victum Of Finanical Fraud. There is and old saying "What comes around goes around"
So don't feel like you are alone on this issue.
What about the childern born to these people of bigamy?
No one really wants them.
What kind of up bring do they have?
They are drag up not brought up.
What kind of live are these childern living?
Impoivished conditions that most people wouldn't even drive by.
Maybe people who have been wronged by others and the system need to come together and be heard as one voice.
Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">