• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation to another state with children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suncitynews

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.
I know this question has been asked a million times. I would just like a simplistic answer and brief explanation with supporting data. We have filed for divorce in Mass, we are about to "hammer" out a separation agreement. She asked my permission to relocate to NY, i relunctantly said yes, knowing something of the laws here in Mass, i (sort of) knew she wasnt supposed to leave the state. ??Can she relocate before the divorce is final?? It has made my visiting them extremely difficult. She is paid on time in full every week, nothing to split up, somewhat simple except for this issue with relocating out of state. She is now a resident of NY, seems like a huge mess to me...Thanks for any help..

p.s..i know i know, get a lawyer..cant afford one, she took advantage of that. Now that my oldest is in kindergarten, if i "force" her to move back, only the kids will suffer...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">