• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

remarriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lfaranklin

What is the name of your state?My husband and I have been seperated for three years and he has yet to sign the papers, I want to get remarried in june of this year. How long must i wait to get married after the divorce is final?

L Franklin
columbus, ohio

Darlene1129

Well I don't know about Ohio laws but I live in California and our divorces take only 6 months. You can go down to Mexico border nad get divorced in 24 hours.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
lfaranklin said:
What is the name of your state?My husband and I have been seperated for three years and he has yet to sign the papers, I want to get remarried in june of this year. How long must i wait to get married after the divorce is final?

L Franklin
columbus, ohio
After the divorce is final -- meaning final and the order entered -- you can apply for a marriage license pretty much immediately.

P_Mills

Divorce in mexico

Darlene1129 said:
Well I don't know about Ohio laws but I live in California and our divorces take only 6 months. You can go down to Mexico border nad get divorced in 24 hours.
Would that be a legal divorce in America. If it was that easy I don't think we would have this forum

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">