• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remove father off birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecmst12

The family court is not going to give you legal advice. They are not going to just tell you no, you can't do that. They didn't tell you that you CAN, either. They told you that you could research the law to find out your answer.

We are nicer here. No, you can't do that.

Banned_Princess

i have been told by many people i can take the guy off. it matters to me i hate his name it still haunts me i want to be rid of it. my real father has every right to be on it. i am the one doing this i told my father i want him on it not the other way around i love my father to death i want to see his name on it i know how to put him on it if the father space was blank but its not
You do know that you never have to look at your birth cert right?

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

hello my name is sabrina im 20 years old. im trying to find out what i need to do to remove a man off my birth certificate. the man on it is my mothers ex husband he is not my real father there is a dna test to prove that. i found my real father when i was 15 years old n im trying to put him on it. i know how to get my father on it if the father space was blank but its not so i need to get the paperwork to remove the man who is on it but everywhere i call they cant help me. plz can any of you help me in any way. im just trying to fix my birth certificate i have the paperwork to put my father on it but i need the paperwork to remove the man who it is on it. i have been trying for months now i dont know what exactly to do i know i need to see a judge but i need the paperwork and no one has helped me i have called everywhere i can. plz can anyone give me some infornation.
Too bad you went 15 years being lied to/mislead into thinking legal dad was biodad. I wonder if legal dad was also mislead?

However, nobody gets to decide what legal parent is on their birth certificate, unless they are old enough to legally consult to an adoption of themselves.

LdiJ

Too bad you went 15 years being lied to/mislead into thinking legal dad was biodad. I wonder if legal dad was also mislead?

However, nobody gets to decide what legal parent is on their birth certificate, unless they are old enough to legally consult to an adoption of themselves.
I am not entirely sure that you are correct. I am not entirely sure that if every possible party to a paternity issue was in agreement that it would be impossible to change a birth certifiate. DNA law is still relatively new law and changes in how things work are inevitable. I am not at all sure that if legal dad, bio dad, mom and an adult child all agreed that a birth certificate should be changed that a judge would not order such change. However, at this point its not very likely that all of those parties would agree. At some time in the future that may change.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
But, if you have his name, you can change your name easily.
Sabbie, I don't know if you saw ecmst12's post, but if it's your last name you hate because of the association with the man on your BC, then file for a name change.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">