• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing an alcoholic spouse from home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjcmo

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My husband is an alcoholic. He has been unemployed and drunk (most of the time) since October. He has a history of unemployment and alcoholism for the last 10 years. In fact, he has not held a job for a year and has been in residential treatment 3 times. I would like to have him removed from my house and divorce him. I have asked him to go but he will not leave. I have a 14 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. I do not want to subject them to his behaviors any longer. However, we own our home and my children and I have no other place to go. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
bjcmo said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
My husband is an alcoholic. He has been unemployed and drunk (most of the time) since October. He has a history of unemployment and alcoholism for the last 10 years. In fact, he has not held a job for a year and has been in residential treatment 3 times. I would like to have him removed from my house and divorce him. I have asked him to go but he will not leave. I have a 14 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. I do not want to subject them to his behaviors any longer. However, we own our home and my children and I have no other place to go. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
You will have to file for divorce and request that a temporary order allowing you to remain in the house and removing him.

bjcmo

Would this be a restraining order where he could have no contact or an order just to get him out of the house?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
bjcmo said:
Would this be a restraining order where he could have no contact or an order just to get him out of the house?
This order would just be an order for you to get TEMPORARY possession of the house until the divorce is over with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">