• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing a spouse from the home legally...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donnakay33

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My husband for years have been very abusive not only to me but to my children from a previous marriage. Here lately he has become more emotionally abusive by screaming at all of us at the top of his lungs. I was stupid for not reporting his abuse to the police although some of my church members and pastor know of it. Now Im ready for him to leave and he wont. He says its his home also. Comes my question...I purchased my house from my dad and the house is in my name only and not with my spouses name. Legally, can I make him leave without having to file for a PFA against him? I was told I would have to give him a 30 days eviction notice. Please provide any info possible to help me start this process of the divorce to rid myself and my children from his harmful abuse.

Thanks, DonnaWhat is the name of your state?

Last edited:

donnakay33

Yes I know I need to ask for that but how do I get him removed ASAP so I can protect myself and my children?

tuffbrk

You will need more than yelling and screaming to get an order of protection.

As Senior judge states - file and request that he leave. In the interim, if there are additional issues, you can call the police at that time. You've all done just fine waiting until - in your words - you "were ready" for him to leave so I'm not understanding why a bit longer would be an issue for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">