• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reopen my divorce due to mental illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

benzes42

:coo

l: from salem, oregon. if i was not mentally sound during my divorce and could not respond due to mental depression, can i now that i am mentally sound re-open my divorce.

we were married 23 years i was the primary bread winner in the family. and because i could not help myself mentally, my spouse got everything and left me a house that was foreclosed approx 1 year later, i have no money and cant work as of yet.

i have doctors documentation about my mental ability.

thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

benzes42 said:
:coo

l: from salem, oregon. if i was not mentally sound during my divorce and could not respond due to mental depression, can i now that i am mentally sound re-open my divorce.

we were married 23 years i was the primary bread winner in the family. and because i could not help myself mentally, my spouse got everything and left me a house that was foreclosed approx 1 year later, i have no money and cant work as of yet.

i have doctors documentation about my mental ability.

thank you
My response:

There is a "slight" possibility that you could have the judgment reversed (or set aside) due to mental infirmity. However, it would be an uphill battle to prove, at the time of litigation, that you did not have the mental capability to prosecute or defend the action, or assist your attorney in the matter. It would also be difficult for this to occur if you failed to mention the problem "on the record".

But, who knows, with a consultation from an attorney in your area, and with a complete understanding of your entire situation, there's always a possibility. If you don't try, you'll never know.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">