• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repetition and rectify bigamous marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Julscayabyab

I was interviewed at US Embassy, Manila Philippines last 23 April 2012 case no. XXX under F2A category and was denied because of No petionable relationship Section 212(a)(5).

My husband(petitioner) who still an immigrant in Kodiak,Alaska filled divorced paper to his first wife, (they were married in Philippines) in Alaska and was granted August 2008.

So we got married in Philippines November 2008 because he was divorced already.

On my interviewed, (April 2012) the Consul said the divorced was not honored in Philippines and he is still an immigrant. So our marriage was void from the beginning for it is bigamous marriage.

May 2012, He filled an annulment here in Philippines and granted May 2016.

My questions are the following:

1. He is planning to go back here in Philippines for us to re-marry. Do we still need to file a court order to nullify our bigamous marriage or just remarry since we are the same person in our 2nd/bigamous marriage?
2. In case we just remarry and leave our bigamous/2nd marriage alone, is our remarriage certificate acceptable in visa center?
3. Can my husband still appeal my case number in visa center and send the original Court Order/Decree of Annulment, Certificate of Finality, Annotated Marriage Certificate on First Marriage Certificate of my husband and our new Remarriage Certificate in case we will get married on November 2016?
4. Or my husband needs to refile another petition for me?
Thank you very much and waiting for your reply soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingRon

The answer is not any different this time then the last time you brought this up.

Most of this revolves around the Phillipino law which is OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THIS FORUM.

As for your US immigration issues. Once you get legally married to him (anywhere), then you can apply to come in based on his residency if he hasn't been considered to have abandoned it given how much time he seems to be spending out of the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">