• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Report from the Magistrate came in the mail today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

This came in the mail today, along with the Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage. The Final Judgment has a stamp across it, saying "Proposed Order".

IN RE: The Matter of:
Petitioner (my boyfriend)
And
Respondent (his STBX)

REPORT OF THE MAGISTRATE ON A FINAL JUDGMENT OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

THIS CAUSE came on for hearing before Magistrate (Name) on May 22nd, 2007, upon a Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.

This Magistrate finds that the Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this cause and the subjects raised in the pleadings. At least one of the parties has been a resident of the State Of Florida for more than six (6) months immediately before filing the petition. The parties have no minor child(ren), and no other child(ren) are expected.. Your Magistrate further finds that the terms of the proposed Final Judgment comport with the best interest of justice, and that no matter addressed in the proposed Final Judgment remains contested. Your Magistrate does further certify that copies of this report has been served on the parties more than ten (10) days prior to the submission hereof to any Judge or the parties have waived the ten (10) day notice as indicated below. It is, thereupon, recommended that the Court enter the attached Final Judgment.

Petitioner Present Yes Waived Rule 12.490(f) Fla. Fam. L.R.P. Yes
Respondent Present No Waived Rule 12.490(f) Fla. Fam. L.R.P. No
Respectfully Submitted this 23rd day of May, 2007.

Signature of Magistrate

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

Rule 12.490(f) Filing Report; Notice; Exceptions. The general master shall file the report and recommendations and serve copies on all parties. The parties may serve exceptions to the report within 10 days from the time it is served on them. Any party may file cross-exceptions within 5 days from the service of the exceptions, provided, however, that the filing of cross-exceptions shall not delay the hearing on the exceptions unless good cause is shown. If no exceptions are filed within that period, the court shall take appropriate action on the report. If exceptions are filed, they shall be heard on reasonable notice by either party or the court.

What exactly does that mean ? Does it mean that his STBX can still file paperwork ?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What it means, is that the Magistrate is recommending that the judge sign the proposed order and make it a final order.

What it means, is that the Magistrate is recommending that the judge sign the proposed order and make it a final order.
Hey, that's great news then for my boyfriend !! His STBX called in during the hearing at the Magistrate's chambers but it looks like that her phone call wasn't viewed as her being present. Heck, she had time to present her case since March 1st 2007 and chose not to, it seems like the court won't give her any more time :D I hope that my hearing next wednesday in front of the Magistrate in regards to my final hearing for dissolution of marriage is going to go the same way :)

Bali Hai

Hey, that's great news then for my boyfriend !! His STBX called in during the hearing at the Magistrate's chambers but it looks like that her phone call wasn't viewed as her being present. Heck, she had time to present her case since March 1st 2007 and chose not to, it seems like the court won't give her any more time :D I hope that my hearing next wednesday in front of the Magistrate in regards to my final hearing for dissolution of marriage is going to go the same way :)
Do Not eat anymore sugar or drink caffine at anytime. If you can't handle that call Dr. Phil.

Bali Hai

haha, baystategirl ;) you know, if someone (BALI HAI) looks like a monkey and quacks (talks) like a monkey, it most likely IS a monkey (and they eat bananas LOL) :p ;) :D
Speaking of monkeys and bananas, I was in a monkey forest in Ubud on the island of Bali a few years ago and I purchased a bunch of bananas to feed the monkeys.

This big female monkey walked over to me and I gave her a banana. After she ate the banana she begged for another and I gave it to her.

She was becoming more comfortable and relaxed with me and when she finished the second banana, she leaped up and grabbed the whole bunch of bananas from my hand when I wasn't expecting it and ran up a tree with the bananas.

Jesus I said, my ex-wife sure has changed alot.

fairisfair

Speaking of monkeys and bananas, I was in a monkey forest in Ubud on the island of Bali a few years ago and I purchased a bunch of bananas to feed the monkeys.

This big female monkey walked over to me and I gave her a banana. After she ate the banana she begged for another and I gave it to her.

She was becoming more comfortable and relaxed with me and when she finished the second banana, she leaped up and grabbed the whole bunch of bananas from my hand when I wasn't expecting it and ran up a tree with the bananas.

Jesus I said, my ex-wife sure has changed alot.

I would have thought you would have said "she hasn't changed a bit". LOL :D

Well, I was refering to her appearance. Her looks had dramatically improved and when I saw her in the monkey forest, I didn't even recognize her.
ROFL Bali Hai !! At least you take my fun in a good and positive way :) That monkey story was cute ! You are a lot nicer once the bitterness is gone - you are even likeable ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">