+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    BlissfulMommy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North-East Florida
    Posts
    170

    Question Report from the Magistrate came in the mail today

    What is the name of your state? Florida

    This came in the mail today, along with the Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage. The Final Judgment has a stamp across it, saying "Proposed Order".

    IN RE: The Matter of:
    Petitioner (my boyfriend)
    And
    Respondent (his STBX)

    REPORT OF THE MAGISTRATE ON A FINAL JUDGMENT OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

    THIS CAUSE came on for hearing before Magistrate (Name) on May 22nd, 2007, upon a Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.

    This Magistrate finds that the Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this cause and the subjects raised in the pleadings. At least one of the parties has been a resident of the State Of Florida for more than six (6) months immediately before filing the petition. The parties have no minor child(ren), and no other child(ren) are expected.. Your Magistrate further finds that the terms of the proposed Final Judgment comport with the best interest of justice, and that no matter addressed in the proposed Final Judgment remains contested. Your Magistrate does further certify that copies of this report has been served on the parties more than ten (10) days prior to the submission hereof to any Judge or the parties have waived the ten (10) day notice as indicated below. It is, thereupon, recommended that the Court enter the attached Final Judgment.

    Petitioner Present Yes Waived Rule 12.490(f) Fla. Fam. L.R.P. Yes
    Respondent Present No Waived Rule 12.490(f) Fla. Fam. L.R.P. No
    Respectfully Submitted this 23rd day of May, 2007.

    Signature of Magistrate

    CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE


    Rule 12.490(f) Filing Report; Notice; Exceptions. The general master shall file the report and recommendations and serve copies on all parties. The parties may serve exceptions to the report within 10 days from the time it is served on them. Any party may file cross-exceptions within 5 days from the service of the exceptions, provided, however, that the filing of cross-exceptions shall not delay the hearing on the exceptions unless good cause is shown. If no exceptions are filed within that period, the court shall take appropriate action on the report. If exceptions are filed, they shall be heard on reasonable notice by either party or the court.

    What exactly does that mean ? Does it mean that his STBX can still file paperwork ?
    Last edited by BlissfulMommy; 05-25-2007 at 04:50 PM.
  2. #2
    LdiJ is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    65,367
    What it means, is that the Magistrate is recommending that the judge sign the proposed order and make it a final order.
  3. #3
    BlissfulMommy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North-East Florida
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by LdiJ View Post
    What it means, is that the Magistrate is recommending that the judge sign the proposed order and make it a final order.
    Hey, that's great news then for my boyfriend !! His STBX called in during the hearing at the Magistrate's chambers but it looks like that her phone call wasn't viewed as her being present. Heck, she had time to present her case since March 1st 2007 and chose not to, it seems like the court won't give her any more time I hope that my hearing next wednesday in front of the Magistrate in regards to my final hearing for dissolution of marriage is going to go the same way
  4. #4
    Bali Hai is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulMommy View Post
    Hey, that's great news then for my boyfriend !! His STBX called in during the hearing at the Magistrate's chambers but it looks like that her phone call wasn't viewed as her being present. Heck, she had time to present her case since March 1st 2007 and chose not to, it seems like the court won't give her any more time I hope that my hearing next wednesday in front of the Magistrate in regards to my final hearing for dissolution of marriage is going to go the same way
    Do Not eat anymore sugar or drink caffine at anytime. If you can't handle that call Dr. Phil.
  5. #5
    BlissfulMommy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North-East Florida
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Bali Hai View Post
    Do Not eat anymore sugar or drink caffine at anytime. If you can't handle that call Dr. Phil.
    Bali Hai, go eat another banana
  6. #6
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    23,898
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulMommy View Post
    Bali Hai, go eat another banana
    Go eat a banana....is that another way of say "kiss my ass"?
  7. #7
    BlissfulMommy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North-East Florida
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by baystategirl View Post
    Go eat a banana....is that another way of say "kiss my ass"?
    haha, baystategirl you know, if someone (BALI HAI) looks like a monkey and quacks (talks) like a monkey, it most likely IS a monkey (and they eat bananas LOL)
  8. #8
    Bali Hai is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulMommy View Post
    haha, baystategirl you know, if someone (BALI HAI) looks like a monkey and quacks (talks) like a monkey, it most likely IS a monkey (and they eat bananas LOL)
    Speaking of monkeys and bananas, I was in a monkey forest in Ubud on the island of Bali a few years ago and I purchased a bunch of bananas to feed the monkeys.

    This big female monkey walked over to me and I gave her a banana. After she ate the banana she begged for another and I gave it to her.

    She was becoming more comfortable and relaxed with me and when she finished the second banana, she leaped up and grabbed the whole bunch of bananas from my hand when I wasn't expecting it and ran up a tree with the bananas.

    Jesus I said, my ex-wife sure has changed alot.
  9. #9
    fairisfair is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Bali Hai View Post
    Speaking of monkeys and bananas, I was in a monkey forest in Ubud on the island of Bali a few years ago and I purchased a bunch of bananas to feed the monkeys.

    This big female monkey walked over to me and I gave her a banana. After she ate the banana she begged for another and I gave it to her.

    She was becoming more comfortable and relaxed with me and when she finished the second banana, she leaped up and grabbed the whole bunch of bananas from my hand when I wasn't expecting it and ran up a tree with the bananas.

    Jesus I said, my ex-wife sure has changed alot.

    I would have thought you would have said "she hasn't changed a bit". LOL
  10. #10
    Bali Hai is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by fairisfair View Post
    I would have thought you would have said "she hasn't changed a bit". LOL
    Well, I was refering to her appearance. Her looks had dramatically improved and when I saw her in the monkey forest, I didn't even recognize her.
  11. #11
    BlissfulMommy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North-East Florida
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Bali Hai View Post
    Well, I was refering to her appearance. Her looks had dramatically improved and when I saw her in the monkey forest, I didn't even recognize her.
    ROFL Bali Hai !! At least you take my fun in a good and positive way That monkey story was cute ! You are a lot nicer once the bitterness is gone - you are even likeable

Similar Threads

  1. Strange Check arrived in mail today
    By gatesmarch in forum Social Security Disability / SSI Law
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 12:59 AM
  2. Magistrate Report Vs. Judge Order
    By mdsawyer52 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 04:31 PM
  3. Can guardian open mail/intercept mail of 16 year old ward of the state?
    By bigthinka in forum Other Government & Administrative Law Matters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 09:26 PM
  4. I got a letter in the mail today
    By decorbydee in forum Child Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.