• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Represent Myself / Paralegal Problems / Your Basic Divorce From Hell...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gweeder

What is the name of your state?Arizona. Married for just under 13 years (and counting).
STBXW filed for dissolution of marriage six months ago... Which was a few weeks after having me served with an Order of Protection which, of course, prevents me from communicating with her or going to the house.

What should I be concerned about if I let my attorney ‘withdraw’ from the case and I represent myself?

In a nutshell, a court order was served on the stbxw (still in force), which among other things, admonished her for violating the preliminary injunction, ordered that she not take anything out of the house worth one hundred dollars or more, return my work related property (that happend three months ago - big hassle), and it indicated I had to sign on any deal with the house, and the proceeds from the sale (after charges and commissions and whatever (I think) - so 'the equity' is go into my attorney's trust account until further order of the court.

However, my attorney says that if he withdraws from the case he will either transfer that order to my new attorney, or 'withdraw' (if I represent myself), at least for enough time to talk to the other attorney. Anyway, is that correct: if the order is transfered to the stbxw attorney's trust, it will be 'just as safe' as if it still with mine?

THANKS IN ADVANCE - your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">