• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Representing oneself and confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trueheart0923

You apparently don't recognize the other side's attorney is not emotionally invested in this, right? You are not going to make his life miserable. I fail to understand what you know that others don't about the attorney. You might find the key is not if you have a duty of confidentiality, but if the facts are private.
Appreciate the cautionary, and I realize the other side's attorney can be emotionally invested, but they have to have the circumstances lined up or it doesn't work for them and they can't ignore offsetting and superior leverage. Just as I cannot forget they are constantly scheming to take advantage of me, it's nice for once that they have to worry about this in reverse. If I have greater leverage by virtue of what I know, and since I don't have "lawyer rules" governing me, and since the other side doesn't want that subject matter coming up under any circumstances, then I have a trump card ..... and I've found a legal way to play that card. On top of the legal way to play that card, I'm not bound by confidentiality in any direction to any one!

There has been no understanding coming from the other side at any time on any of the positives that I've delivered on .... many times over for many, many years. That they continue to attempt to pressure to get "more, more, more" is insulting and downright greedy. If I can diminish their objectives, I have no problem doing so. Attorneys make their $$$ on other people's miseries, and promoting continuation of those. Paybacks can be a B- - - -!

trueheart0923

It's business...
Agreed. And in divorce, emotional, especially with women, and the system favors them substantially. Emotions lead to exacting "punishment", which often involves pressure tactics and veiled threats, which attorneys derive $$$ and enjoyment from.

The shoe is now on the other foot!

tranquility

Appreciate the cautionary, and I realize the other side's attorney can be emotionally invested, but they have to have the circumstances lined up or it doesn't work for them and they can't ignore offsetting and superior leverage. Just as I cannot forget they are constantly scheming to take advantage of me, it's nice for once that they have to worry about this in reverse. If I have greater leverage by virtue of what I know, and since I don't have "lawyer rules" governing me, and since the other side doesn't want that subject matter coming up under any circumstances, then I have a trump card ..... and I've found a legal way to play that card. On top of the legal way to play that card, I'm not bound by confidentiality in any direction to any one!

There has been no understanding coming from the other side at any time on any of the positives that I've delivered on .... many times over for many, many years. That they continue to attempt to pressure to get "more, more, more" is insulting and downright greedy. If I can diminish their objectives, I have no problem doing so. Attorneys make their $$$ on other people's miseries, and promoting continuation of those. Paybacks can be a B- - - -!
Reading is FUNdamental. He is NOT emotionally invested. He is just doing a job. The same job he does every day for many clients over the years. You have no leverage. There is no secret that you know that will hurt him that will not get you in more trouble. I cannot imagine any information that can possibly be affected by "lawyer rules" (confidentiality) that is now dangerous because you are not covered by them. My goodness I shake my head with each post you make. I think you have been thinking too much on this and made it your Ring. (aka "precious") I suggest you throw it into the fire. Try to be Frodo, not Gollum--you will be happier; I promise.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So, OP - did your house ever sell? Or are you stil fighting the arrears you owe (which even BALI agrees you owe/should pay)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">