• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for Admissions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaulaG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My ex has gotten a new lawyer and has sent a second set of request for admissions. Do I have to answer the second set? Don't you only get one chance to ask? If not, how many times are you allowed to send them? I'd love to send him some more.

:confused:

Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My ex has gotten a new lawyer and has sent a second set of request for admissions. Do I have to answer the second set? Don't you only get one chance to ask? If not, how many times are you allowed to send them? I'd love to send him some more.

:confused:

Thanks!
Read the local rules and rules of civil procedure for your state. Often there is a limit to the number of actual questions that can be sent.

PaulaG

The rules say up to 30, but I don't know if they have to be all at the same time, or if they can be broken up. Or if it's up to 30 each time...????

mistoffolees

Read the local rules and rules of civil procedure for your state. Often there is a limit to the number of actual questions that can be sent.
HOWEVER, unless the questions are very intrusive and time-consuming to answer, OP might be better off to simply answer the questions rather than spending time and money fighting in front of the judge as to whether he/she needs to answer them.

PaulaG

HOWEVER, unless the questions are very intrusive and time-consuming to answer, OP might be better off to simply answer the questions rather than spending time and money fighting in front of the judge as to whether he/she needs to answer them.
It's really not that. It's just that I don't want to be taken advantage of just because he has the money to pay a lawyer - even though he won't pay his child support.

If I just answer without at least investigating the legality of it, then I'm quite possibly allowing him to continue to harass me like he's done since the day I left.

TinkerBelleLuvr

My X tried to use the interrogatories as a fishing expedition - and for what HE thought MIGHT be possible sins from prior to prior court orders. Do you have a copy of what was filled out prior?

PaulaG

My X tried to use the interrogatories as a fishing expedition - and for what HE thought MIGHT be possible sins from prior to prior court orders. Do you have a copy of what was filled out prior?
Yes, I keep copies of EVERYTHING! Unfortunately, that means that I have a stack of paper probably a foot high. I really need to get it organized, but I have procrastinated because there's sooooo much.

mistoffolees

It's really not that. It's just that I don't want to be taken advantage of just because he has the money to pay a lawyer - even though he won't pay his child support.

If I just answer without at least investigating the legality of it, then I'm quite possibly allowing him to continue to harass me like he's done since the day I left.
OTOH, the more time you spend sending answers to his questions, the more money he has to pay his attorney. :)

And it shouldn't have any effect on child support. If he won't pay child support, turn him over to your state child support collection group.

Gracie3787

The rules say up to 30, but I don't know if they have to be all at the same time, or if they can be broken up. Or if it's up to 30 each time...????
It's a total of 30 for each pleading that is filed. For example, a petition for a modification is filed, there can be up to 30 questions, they do not have to be served all at once. Sometimes a few questions are asked and answered, those answers can bring up other questions that can be asked to clarify the previous answers. But, the total allowed is 30.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">