• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requesting an extension for response to Petition of Dissolution of Marriage in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbaskerville

I am a military member stationed in Florida. I just returned from a 6 month deployment and was told two months into that deployment that my wife wanted a divorce. We have a 20 month old son. I moved my family 6 hours away from where I am stationed during the deployment so my wife could get help with the kids from her parents. My wife filed for divorce in that county and I was served with the papers on the 27 July. I have until the 17 of August to file a response, however, I have orders to go TDY from the 9-22 of August. I am trying to request an extension because I have to go TDY and my response date will end while I am gone. What do I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">