• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

residency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laylah79

What is the name of your state? New jersey

My spouse and I are both US citizens, we married in New jersey. We have been living on the island of Jamaica for the past year and would like to know how we would file for a divorce. Do we have to return to the US or can we file from where we are residing now? Would an online divorce service work for our particular situation or do we need to get a lawyer.:confused:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? New jersey

My spouse and I are both US citizens, we married in New jersey. We have been living on the island of Jamaica for the past year and would like to know how we would file for a divorce. Do we have to return to the US or can we file from where we are residing now? Would an online divorce service work for our particular situation or do we need to get a lawyer.:confused:
You can probably file in Jamaica. Consult an attorney there because I don't think that there is anyone here familiar with Jamaican law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">