• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

residency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moreinof

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

If my husband and I are expatriates living overseas, and have not lived in Texas for over 9 months, do we HAVE to file in Texas? (It was our last US residence and where the paycheck comes from.) We own no property in Texas.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

If my husband and I are expatriates living overseas, and have not lived in Texas for over 9 months, do we HAVE to file in Texas? (It was our last US residence and where the paycheck comes from.) We own no property in Texas.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Wherever you file, you need to have residency there. You probably can't file in ANY state in the US. You may need to file in whatever foreign country you're in, but I have no idea whether (or how) that would work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">