• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

responsibilitiy for property expense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tanya8216

my husband and i are schedule to be divorced in april. at the time i moved out at his assistance, he decided that i would pay him $300 a month toward the mortgage of the house that he lives in. the house has been on the market for sale for some time. i agreed to this at the time, simply to avoid a scene. however, i am finding it very difficult to make ends meet. am i responsible for making these payments to him indefinately? he refuses to get a roommate because, "he likes his space". he is the one who asked me to leave the house, therefore i feel he chose to remain and therefore should be responsible for paying the mortgage. Can you help me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">