• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order against felony boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skilagig

What is the name of your state? Texas
My wife of 22 years and I seperated last May 21. It was a mutual agreement with no ill feelings toward each other. We talked with our two childrean (16 yr old daugther and 14 old son) about it and everyone agreed it was the best arrangement. It was to be a smooth transition for the sake of the children. Three weeks into the seperation I learned that my wife was seeing a 24 year old. My children were extremely creeped out because he was closer to their age and the thought of their 40 year old mother with a 24 year old man was unsettling. I confronted her about this relationship and she told me they were friends and nothing more so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile she started going through drastic changes. She started buying a wardrobe that would match that of someone in there twenties and listening to music that appeals to a much younger crowd. She began to frequent the bar scene spending quite a bit of money. She lost weight and began to explore cosmetic surgery. Her children were not the focus of her life that they once were so they began to stay with myself for most of the time. I have since learned that her boyfriend is a convicted felon (Robbery,still serving probation) and two class A misdomeanors for assault with bodily injury. I have also discovered that their relationship is much more than friends and that her entire group of new friends is in their twenties. She has completly morphed into a different person. I am concerned for my children's safety because she allows her boyfriend to be around my children when they are at her house. Do I have any legal options that can keep him away from my children based on his criminal history?

joni13

he cant be good for ur kids

i am from tx.sounds like your ex is to busy with trying to keep her youth.your kids do not need to be exposed to this guy or any of his friends,or for that matter any of your x's new friends.you dont know that this new boyfriend isnt preying on your kids through your wife.this happened to me and my daughter and her friend was sexually assaulted.being on probation,he has stipulations he must go by but they depend on his crime.your kids being around all of these new friends could not be positive.change their visitation with the judge.good luck

djohnson

joni13 said:
i am from tx.sounds like your ex is to busy with trying to keep her youth.your kids do not need to be exposed to this guy or any of his friends,or for that matter any of your x's new friends.you dont know that this new boyfriend isnt preying on your kids through your wife.this happened to me and my daughter and her friend was sexually assaulted.being on probation,he has stipulations he must go by but they depend on his crime.your kids being around all of these new friends could not be positive.change their visitation with the judge.good luck
:rolleyes: All great in theory, but nothing legal here. He has no standing to stipulate who she is around or who the kids are around when they are with her. Until he does something to hurt them or put them at risk, a judge is not going to order them to not go to their mothers for this reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">