• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining Order, Child Support and I have no Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluprint23

i live in miami florida

My wife left me 3 months ago, she took my son and the car. (she's also on the title)
The condo is under both our names however she left me with the mortgage payments ($1387.99) along with all the other debts that we had. ( car ins., assocation, creditcards, etc.)
Weeks later she filed for divorce and put a restraining order on me.
After the hearing I was obligated to pay an estimate of $660 for child support per month.
I was making $2160.00 monthly and even had to borrow money just to pass by the month.

Two days ago I was fired from my job, violated my reinstraining order by calling her, and I haven't paid my child support for a month. Recently, I was told that I need to surrender the tag of the car or else my license will be suspended however I can't even approach within 100 feet of it.

My questions are...

1. Do I owe her child support? I have no job and she left me with the bills what can I do?
2. How can I get the tag of the car without violating my restraining order?
3. Can I get Legal Aid or any other benefits?
4. Can I get alimony? I plan to get back on track but I lost everything even my dreams
5. Am I going to lose my apartment?

I do have lawyer but I need to be really well informed. any help please?

LdiJ

i live in miami florida

My wife left me 3 months ago, she took my son and the car. (she's also on the title)
The condo is under both our names however she left me with the mortgage payments ($1387.99) along with all the other debts that we had. ( car ins., assocation, creditcards, etc.)
Weeks later she filed for divorce and put a restraining order on me.
After the hearing I was obligated to pay an estimate of $660 for child support per month.
I was making $2160.00 monthly and even had to borrow money just to pass by the month.

Two days ago I was fired from my job, violated my reinstraining order by calling her, and I haven't paid my child support for a month. Recently, I was told that I need to surrender the tag of the car or else my license will be suspended however I can't even approach within 100 feet of it.

My questions are...

1. Do I owe her child support? I have no job and she left me with the bills what can I do?
2. How can I get the tag of the car without violating my restraining order?
3. Can I get Legal Aid or any other benefits?
4. Can I get alimony? I plan to get back on track but I lost everything even my dreams
5. Am I going to lose my apartment?

I do have lawyer but I need to be really well informed. any help please?
If you have an attorney you need to be talking to your attorney.

Yes, you were ordered to pay child support and you have to pay it.

Who exactly ordered you to surrender the tag on the car and why?

Why did you lose your job?

Honestly you need a serious, sit down discussion with your attorney about all of the above.

bluprint23

If you have an attorney you need to be talking to your attorney.

Yes, you were ordered to pay child support and you have to pay it.

Who exactly ordered you to surrender the tag on the car and why?

Why did you lose your job?

Honestly you need a serious, sit down discussion with your attorney about all of the above.
I lost my job because I wasn't performing like I should have I don't think I could've worked any harder but the divorce has been so hard on me that it reflected the way I talked and acted with people from day to day.

I couldn't keep up with the payments on time and so my insurance got cancelled so now I was told to surrender the tag on the car or else my license will get suspended.

bluprint23

She told me incase I got mad during the divorce she thought I was going to come after her but I didn't know that until after the injuction hearing I just didn't fight it when I should have anyways does anyone out here have any advise.

I don't trust lawyers for the simple fact that most are money hungry and just want to charge you by the hour even for advise

Last edited:

Just Blue

She told me incase I got mad during the divorce she thought I was going to come after her but I didn't know that until after the injuction hearing I just didn't fight it when I should have anyways does anyone out here have any advise.

I don't trust lawyers for the simple fact that most are money hungry and just want to charge you by the hour even for advise
Yet you are here seeking adviCe from attorney's?? To expect payment for services is not "money hungry" ...You don't work for free do you? Are you "money hungry" because you expect a paycheck from your employer for the job you perform??

garrula lingua

OP: You also say you haven't paid child support for a month ...

Do you think your son can go a month without eating ????

The child support gets paid first - before car, rent or other bills.
CS has precedence over all bills.

PS: If your car is broken, you will pay the mechanic without b......g too much.

You need a lawyer to help you through this. Whatever the charge, your sanity and future rights will be worth it.

Get your butt in gear and get a job ASAP.

seagoing

I suggest you get to Walmart,Target.Mickey D's,a car wash,ANYTHING.Because the judge surely isn'y going to buy the fact you lost your job.The judge may make the child support decision based on the earnings you are making if you get a job at one that I posted.But if you piss the judge off,you may find yourself having to pay CS based on your prior occupation ,which based on your expenses must have been higher then any jobs posted.But,thats no guarentee.Primary importance will be the child and how the child will be provided for.She too will have an awakening.Both parents will be expected to contribute.Surely your atty.has told you this.Fl is tuff,especially when children are involved.What,why and where do you think alimony comes from????She will not be required to pay you alimony,unless she was married to you longer than 12 yrs.and makes or has mega bucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">