• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retroactive child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Patsy2001

My husband has found out six years later that he has a son. On the birth certificate the mother put her husband as the father. The Attorney General's office in Texas filed a paternity suit and established paternity. My husband is paying child support already, but at the time of the order, the Attorney General's office wanted my husband to also pay back for assistance that the mother and child had used in those six years. My husband apparentyly didn't fully understand what was really being ordered, since there was also an financial agreement done between the mother and my husband. Can my husband go back and show the court that she lied on the birth certificate? Shouldn't her husband be liable as well since he did accept this child as his?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">