• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reversing a legal separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwolfson

What is the name of your state? California
My wife and I have decided to get back together after one year apart. Laat year we got a Legal Separation and completed and filed a Marital Settlement Agreement with the court. How do we reverse what we have done? We want to avoid expensive legal fees and so this ourselves, if possible. Is there perhaps a document we can file with the court which makes null and void our previous actions? thanks, RobertWhat is the name of your state?

IAAL-19

rwolfson said:
What is the name of your state? California
My wife and I have decided to get back together after one year apart. Laat year we got a Legal Separation and completed and filed a Marital Settlement Agreement with the court. How do we reverse what we have done? We want to avoid expensive legal fees and so this ourselves, if possible. Is there perhaps a document we can file with the court which makes null and void our previous actions? thanks, RobertWhat is the name of your state?

My response:

Simple. The two of you sign a Family Law "Request for Dismissal" form, file it with the court, the judge signs it, and the Clerk sends you both a conformed copy. Once signed by the judge, the entire case is dismissed, and everything goes back to the way it was prior to your original filing for Legal Separation; i.e., you're back in full, complete, marital bliss!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">