+ Reply to Thread
    rwolfson is offline Junior Member

Smile Reversing a legal separation

What is the name of your state? California
    My wife and I have decided to get back together after one year apart. Laat year we got a Legal Separation and completed and filed a Marital Settlement Agreement with the court. How do we reverse what we have done? We want to avoid expensive legal fees and so this ourselves, if possible. Is there perhaps a document we can file with the court which makes null and void our previous actions? thanks, RobertWhat is the name of your state?
    IAAL-19 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwolfson
    What is the name of your state? California
    My wife and I have decided to get back together after one year apart. Laat year we got a Legal Separation and completed and filed a Marital Settlement Agreement with the court. How do we reverse what we have done? We want to avoid expensive legal fees and so this ourselves, if possible. Is there perhaps a document we can file with the court which makes null and void our previous actions? thanks, RobertWhat is the name of your state?

My response:

Simple. The two of you sign a Family Law "Request for Dismissal" form, file it with the court, the judge signs it, and the Clerk sends you both a conformed copy. Once signed by the judge, the entire case is dismissed, and everything goes back to the way it was prior to your original filing for Legal Separation; i.e., you're back in full, complete, marital bliss!

IAAL