• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights to fight back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LdyBask

california, supported husband of 4 months for a year.
Added him to the title of my home, did all his bookkeeping at his shop. He just received a large unexpected some of money and a home in an inheritence. As I was out of town, he had packed up and moved into the home he inherited.

Am I entitled to any of his business or inheritence?

H

hexeliebe

Since you never said you were divorced you're entitled to go beat the crap out of him....:D

If you are divorced, SURPRISE! California is a community property state. And that means you get 1/2 the toothpaste, the condoms in his nightstand and 1/2 of all marital debt...so go on a spending spree :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LdyBask said:
california, supported husband of 4 months for a year.
Added him to the title of my home, did all his bookkeeping at his shop. He just received a large unexpected some of money and a home in an inheritence. As I was out of town, he had packed up and moved into the home he inherited.

Am I entitled to any of his business or inheritence?

My response:

Nope. You don't get anything of his inheritance, and you get nothing of his business because you weren't married long enough.

But, because you were stupid to place him on the title to your home, he gets that without even the slightest fight! Repeat after me, "I've been screwed, blued, and tatooed".

Boy, I can hear the wailing, crying and screaming all the way into Los Angeles!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I just re-read your post and now it makes sense. I originally thought you were saying you supported your husband four months of every year.

But if you were only married for four months then IAAL is correct (as always) :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hey, Hexy baby - - you'll notice that we haven't heard back from our writer. I can see her now, curled up in a fetal position in a corner, rocking back and forth, and repeating to herself in low tones - - "How could I have been so stupid; how could I have been so stupid!"

His name isn't on the mortgage loan contract, so everytime she makes a mortgage payment, she's paying for HIS half of the house ownership!

Where was our writer when I was getting married?

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Probably out scouting for local talent....

Hey, you seem in a much better mood today. Good to see.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
Probably out scouting for local talent....

Hey, you seem in a much better mood today. Good to see.

My response:

And it's GREAT to see you, my friend. I owe my "better mood" all to you! You're terrific. Thanks. And besides, it's so much better to laugh at someone's stupidity - - really helps to make my day!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I agree. The only problem I have is most of the stupidity I end up laughing at is my own.

Hey, anytime you want to give me a shout offline you have my e-mail (mary:D)...

L

LdyBask

No, not curled up in a corner...

...putting on the gloves :)

Appreciate your responses. I like the one about beating the crap out of him.

I will attempt to stop the title change tomorrow. I mailed it to my mortgage guy last week. I am sure he has not processed it as of yet. It still needed his once over prior to submission. No wailing as of yet.

Okay, okay.....I was taken. I am a fighter and I don't go down easy.

H

hexeliebe

I am a fighter and I don't go down easy.
Well that's good to hear. At least you're not blonde :D

But I wouldn't put something like the above in a post when IAAL and I are watching. We're going to pounch on something that is sooooo much fun :D

L

LdyBask

Life goes on

nope not blond. This redhead will figure out something.

Again, thanks to both of you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I like a girl who "goes down" fighting! It makes things more of a challange, and it's so smooth!

Oh my God, and a redhead too!

Okay, here's what you do. After you call your broker, call the County Recorder's Office in Norwalk (yes, that's where everything get's recorded believe it or not). Tell the recorder to look out for your Deed, and tell him/her to PLACE A STOP ON IT!

IAAL

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Don't you just love posters like this? She at least has the gumption to know she screwed up and is going to get it corrected. Without this poor me bullcrap.

L

LdyBask

Consider it done!

Thank you, that will be my first phone call of the day prior to the mortgage guy.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Consider it done!

LdyBask said:
Thank you, that will be my first phone call of the day prior to the mortgage guy.

My response:

. . . and, if you're not too late, and the Deed is stopped, you can send your check for $250.00 payable to "IAAL and hexeliebe", c/o FreedAdvice. From now on, Hexy and I split everything. The address is somewhere around here - - now, where did I put that?

And, if you are too late, then you can still give me your address, and you can cry on my shoulder. Then, we can schtoop. I'll tell Hexy all about it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">