• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pounders desk

What is the name of your state? MN.:mad: getting divorce, wife said i could have the ring!!!! know she wants it back do i got a case or not?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It depends.... generally, a ring (wedding or engagement) is a gift that you give to your SO, and is therefore her property. If it's a family heirloom, you may be able to get a judge to award it to you.

P

pounders desk

momma_tiger said:
It depends.... generally, a ring (wedding or engagement) is a gift that you give to your SO, and is therefore her property. If it's a family heirloom, you may be able to get a judge to award it to you.
:confused: she gave it back to me just like i gave it to her!! so I take it if you give somebody something years ago you can ask for it back i take it? is that how it works?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">