• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robbed by STBX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emilyL

What is the name of your state? MN

My STBX and I are going through a divorce. While I was gone from my pre-marital home, he took all valuables, furnitures, and miscellaneous other things from our house to his new rental property. The vast majority of which were my non-marital properties. He also took all my clothes, shoes, and childhood photos along with our child's clothes and other belongings. How likely is it that I can get those back in court? Worst yet, he destroyed the rest of what he was not taking along. I took photos of the house after it was being emptied, trashed & destroyed but am not sure whether it's adequate.

I have a long history of being abused (physically, emotionally, and verbally) by my husband but the judge did not grant me and my child that order for protection. How is that possible? Does a person need to be stabbed to death for a judge to grant them such order? I want to switch judge so bad but don't know how to. My attorney told me it was past 10 days since the case started and it's now too late. My child and I now have to live with a relative day by day and I have to keep an eye out for him everyday. I feel there's no justice in this world. My only way to get out of this misery is to get a judge who is not so pro-father. But how can I switch judge? Can anyone help me out?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You can't switch judges. To get a protection order you have to show how you were in danger. You can't do that because you weren't in danger. Did you report the burglary? How do you know HE did it if you were not there?

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state? MN

My STBX and I are going through a divorce. While I was gone from my pre-marital home, he took all valuables, furnitures, and miscellaneous other things from our house to his new rental property. The vast majority of which were my non-marital properties. He also took all my clothes, shoes, and childhood photos along with our child's clothes and other belongings. How likely is it that I can get those back in court? Worst yet, he destroyed the rest of what he was not taking along. I took photos of the house after it was being emptied, trashed & destroyed but am not sure whether it's adequate.

I have a long history of being abused (physically, emotionally, and verbally) by my husband but the judge did not grant me and my child that order for protection. How is that possible?

You didn't provide any credible evidence that the judge could rely on to grant the order of protection.

Does a person need to be stabbed to death for a judge to grant them such order?

Does your husband own a knife? Has he threatened you with a knife in the past? Is there a police report?

I want to switch judge so bad but don't know how to. My attorney told me it was past 10 days since the case started and it's now too late. My child and I now have to live with a relative day by day and I have to keep an eye out for him everyday. I feel there's no justice in this world. My only way to get out of this misery is to get a judge who is not so pro-father. But how can I switch judge? Can anyone help me out?
From personal experience, I can tell you that you can't ask a judge to recuse him/herself from your case simply because you don't like the judges decisions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">