• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roomate going through seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristen82

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My roomate is going through a seperation. She has a 4 year old daughter that lives with her and me. My question is, Her soon to be ex is stating that his lawyer says there is to be no men around his daughter @ our home. Can me seeing my boyfriend at my house, with them living here be grounds for him to take his daughter from her? Also, what if she has a man here? Is her trying to rebuild her life and meet new people whom if she liked or got serious about one and wanted them to meet her daughter....Could her ex do anything about that too? ANOTHER THING, IS THAT EVEN LEGAL FOR HIM TO SAY THAT THERE CAN BE NO MEN AROUND HIS DAUGHTER? WHEN NOTHING HAS BEEN SIGNED STATING THAT?

LdiJ

kristen82 said:

My roomate is going through a seperation. She has a 4 year old daughter that lives with her and me. My question is, Her soon to be ex is stating that his lawyer says there is to be no men around his daughter @ our home. Can me seeing my boyfriend at my house, with them living here be grounds for him to take his daughter from her? Also, what if she has a man here? Is her trying to rebuild her life and meet new people whom if she liked or got serious about one and wanted them to meet her daughter....Could her ex do anything about that too? ANOTHER THING, IS THAT EVEN LEGAL FOR HIM TO SAY THAT THERE CAN BE NO MEN AROUND HIS DAUGHTER? WHEN NOTHING HAS BEEN SIGNED STATING THAT?
If no agreement has been signed stating that men cannot be around his daughter and no judge has ORDERED that men cannot be around his daughter, then dad is full of it. I sincerely doubt that dad's lawyer said anything of the kind, and if dad's lawyer did...then it would be that they would TRY to include it in the order.

I sincerely doubt that a judge would prohibit mom from having men around at all. The judge MIGHT prohibit mom from having overnight guests of the opposite sex. However that would apply to mom's guests...not yours.

HomeGuru

kristen82 said:

**A: you posted 3 threads on this same issue. Why are you so concerned? Maybe you are not the roommate.

alleycat2600

Why would you want to ?

I have a question how long has she been seperated? I have been seperated since Jan and that is the furthest thing from my mind.. I have enough with my children that I dont need that complication.. Even though you are a roommate some limits should be set for the little girl.. especially if its more then one man coming thru that door..

LdiJ

HomeGuru said:
**A: you posted 3 threads on this same issue. Why are you so concerned? Maybe you are not the roommate.
It makes sense to me that she is concerned. The mom is probably worried and asking her not to allow her boyfriend to come over...hence she wants to find out the truth.

kristen82

HomeGuru said:
I AM THE ROOMATE, THE 3RD QUESTION I WROTE, WAS ONE WHERE MY ROOMATE WAS HERE WITH ME, AND WANTED IT WORDED DIFFERENT TO DESCRIBE THE SITUATION BETTER. WHY AM I SO CONCERNED? BECAUSE I HAVE A 1 YEAR LEASE AT THIS HOUSE AT WHICH IM NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE COMPANY OF THE OPPISTIE SEX COME OVER? YOU WOULD BE CONCERNED TO IF YOU WERE TOLD YOUR FIANCEE' COULDNT EVEN COME TO YOUR HOUSE BECAUSE OF A SITUATION LIKE MINE.

kristen82

alleycat2600 said:
I have a question how long has she been seperated? I have been seperated since Jan and that is the furthest thing from my mind.. I have enough with my children that I dont need that complication.. Even though you are a roommate some limits should be set for the little girl.. especially if its more then one man coming thru that door..
THEY HAVE BEEN SEPERATED SINCE JULY OF 2004. NO THERE ARE NOT DIFFERENT MEN COMING IN AND OUT. THAT IS NOT THE KIND OF ENVIRMONET THE LITTLE GIRL IS AROUND. IT'S JUST MY BOYFRIEND WHO COMES OVER OCCASIONALY ON MY DAYS OFF. AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE LITTLE GIRL LOVES HIM TO DEATH!

alleycat2600

Did you know the situation?

Did you know the situation when you all moved in together? If you did dont you have an obligation to uphold your word? what I am saying that you can go to his house as well as he can go to yours? he can come over but sleep at his place until this cools down.. wouldnt that make more sense? There is no telling what the little one is being questioned when she see's him.. my kids are asked all the time what is mommy doing.. its hard on the little one trust me.. just comproimise till her divorce is final is all..

kristen82

LdiJ said:
It makes sense to me that she is concerned. The mom is probably worried and asking her not to allow her boyfriend to come over...hence she wants to find out the truth.
THANKS FOR SEEING THINGS THROUGH MY EYES, I JUST WANT TO FIND OUT THE TRUTH. YES IT WOULD SUCK IF COULDNT HAVE MY BOYFRIEND COME OVER BECAUSE OF THIS, BUT I DONT WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO JEOPARDIZE MY ROOMATE LOSIN HER DAUGHTER...I LOVE HER TOO.

alleycat2600

I didnt mean to imply

I didnt mean to imply that all kinds of men are coming thru the door.. But the way you posted it sounded funny to me.. I am glad that she loves him and there is no reason why he cant be there during the day.. I say make a compromise is all until she files for the divorce..July is not that far off..

kristen82

alleycat2600 said:
Did you know the situation when you all moved in together? If you did dont you have an obligation to uphold your word? what I am saying that you can go to his house as well as he can go to yours? he can come over but sleep at his place until this cools down.. wouldnt that make more sense? There is no telling what the little one is being questioned when she see's him.. my kids are asked all the time what is mommy doing.. its hard on the little one trust me.. just comproimise till her divorce is final is all..
WE MOVED IN TOGETHER IN JANUARY, THE "RULE" JUST CAME UP ABOUT A WEEK AND 1/2 AGO...

alleycat2600

geesh that is bad!!

I find is so hard to believe that he can force you to not see your boyfriend when you are paying on the lease.. sounds as if she needs to contact a lawyer and find out if he can really do that.. lol my stbx is needs help as well.. why is it men can have girlfirends and affairs and when we do it its a bad thing? seems as if hes setting up fo a disaster for himself because she can also make that a rule for him.. turn the tables around...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">