• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rotational switching of kids.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EricJo

Hello all! My wife and I have mutually agreed for a divorce. We both have moved on in our own ways . We have a daughter who's 2 years old and a son who's 6. It is said that the family court's verdict goes in favor of the kids choice and also there is a probability of giving son's custody to father and daughter's custody to mother, but I would prefer the rotational switching of kids. I don't want to miss them at all. I am planning to consult a family lawyer for this. Well, if anyone has gone through this before please let me know what things I should be prepared of before going forward with it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello all! My wife and I have mutually agreed for a divorce. We both have moved on in our own ways . We have a daughter who's 2 years old and a son who's 6. It is said that the family court's verdict goes in favor of the kids choice and also there is a probability of giving son's custody to father and daughter's custody to mother, but I would prefer the rotational switching of kids. I don't want to miss them at all. I am planning to consult a family lawyer for this. Well, if anyone has gone through this before please let me know what things I should be prepared of before going forward with it.
Has the court ruled upon anything? What do you mean rotational switching of kids? In what state are you located?

LdiJ

Generally the parent who has been the primary caretaker for the children is the parent who ends up with primary custody. That is the person who gets the children ready for school/daycare, makes their meals, washes their clothes, takes them to the doctor, gives them their baths, etc.

It would be highly unusual for a judge to approve a parenting plan that separates the children. In addition the judge gives absolutely no weight at all to the preference of children that young. I do not know who gave you such wrong ideas (assuming that you are in the US).

single317dad

Hello all!
Hello. What is the name of your state?

My wife and I have mutually agreed for a divorce. We both have moved on in our own ways . We have a daughter who's 2 years old and a son who's 6. It is said that the family court's verdict goes in favor of the kids choice
When the kids are older, they may have some input on the matter, but at these ages their opinions won't even be counted. In fact, you should leave the kids out of this as much as possible.

and also there is a probability of giving son's custody to father and daughter's custody to mother,
Says who? That's not very common.

but I would prefer the rotational switching of kids.
Just a wild guess, but you mean 7/7 day custody of one kid at a time between you and mom? That's not going to work out long term, and if you think about it objectively, you'll understand why.

I don't want to miss them at all.
Unfortunately, that's what happens when two adults decide to make babies then terminate their relationship; you both end up missing your kids to some extent.

I am planning to consult a family lawyer for this. Well, if anyone has gone through this before please let me know what things I should be prepared of before going forward with it.
Good idea. You need a lawyer to correct your misconceptions of child custody. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">