• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rules for Annullment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Help_in_VA

What is the name of your state? Virginia My husband and I were married August 8 2001. We were married while he was in jail. He was sentenced to 3 years when we got married, had already served about 3 months in jail, and is now serving the rest of that time in prison. We have never lived together, never consumated our marriage, and don't have any children together. I recently informed him that I believe this was a mistake and asked for a divorce. He filed a omplaint, I answered it and have a court date set. To make a longer story short, my husband now says he's not giving me a divorce. My question is can I get an Annullment even though I knew he was locked up? If not what grounds could I use to get a divorce from him. Please help....in_VA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">