• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Satisfaction of Judgement again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lscott629

What is the name of your state?MO

I have already talked about my case but I have another development. My ex's attorney has now tried to file a motion to overturn the satisfaction of judgement based on another case that I'm not even sure what it is. My attorney is going to argue the threshhold about the Satisfaction of Judgement but if I lose that his attorney is trying to take me back to court to pay the 1000 plus all his attorney fees. Please tell me the judge could not possibly rule in his favor. How can a Satisfaction of Judgement be overturned for 1000? I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

Bali Hai

lscott629 said:

I have already talked about my case but I have another development. My ex's attorney has now tried to file a motion to overturn the satisfaction of judgement based on another case that I'm not even sure what it is.

Did that motion get filed or not??

If so, what does the motion say?

If not, why are you sweating it?

My attorney is going to argue the threshhold about the Satisfaction of Judgement but if I lose that his attorney is trying to take me back to court to pay the 1000 plus all his attorney fees.

How can you lose? You have the Satisfaction of Judgement!

Please tell me the judge could not possibly rule in his favor. How can a Satisfaction of Judgement be overturned for 1000?

Because they feel you owe the money and are going after it.

I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

You should have paid the 1k in a responsible manner.

Let us know what happens when you tell the judge about the 1k cash, in an unmarked envolpe that you put into a mailbox along the street, to satisfy this judgement.

LdiJ

lscott629 said:

I have already talked about my case but I have another development. My ex's attorney has now tried to file a motion to overturn the satisfaction of judgement based on another case that I'm not even sure what it is. My attorney is going to argue the threshhold about the Satisfaction of Judgement but if I lose that his attorney is trying to take me back to court to pay the 1000 plus all his attorney fees. Please tell me the judge could not possibly rule in his favor. How can a Satisfaction of Judgement be overturned for 1000? I'm not sure what to do. Please help.
Unless you give us much more specifc information...particularly what the motion says and the case law that is being cited....its tough for us to advise you.

I have a hard time believing its possible...but without knowing the specific legal arguments I would hesitate to respond.

I also do NOT undertand at all why your ex's attorney is even attempting this. It does not make any sense legally. Its the kind of thing that a person might throw into the mix with other issues...but by itself it doesn't make sense.

lscott629

LdiJ said:
Unless you give us much more specifc information...particularly what the motion says and the case law that is being cited....its tough for us to advise you.

I have a hard time believing its possible...but without knowing the specific legal arguments I would hesitate to respond.

I also do NOT undertand at all why your ex's attorney is even attempting this. It does not make any sense legally. Its the kind of thing that a person might throw into the mix with other issues...but by itself it doesn't make sense.
That's the same question I've been asking myself. I have no idea what is in the motion just that it is a motion to overturn the Satisfaction based on a certain case. THat is all the information that I received. I'm very concerned about this because my ex-husband was able to avoid serving two sentences of manslaughter due to lawyer finagling and loopholes and I don't want the same to happen to me. I just don't see how a judge can overturn the satisfaction based on a he said/she said matter. I find out tomorrow and I will let you know.

lscott629

Bali Hai said:
You should have paid the 1k in a responsible manner.

Let us know what happens when you tell the judge about the 1k cash, in an unmarked envolpe that you put into a mailbox along the street, to satisfy this judgement.
I agree it was irresponsible. I do have proof where the money came from and witnesses to me putting the money in the mailbox. I am presenting that to the judge also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">