• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SC divorce questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kim1181

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
Couple of questions: 1) This divorce will be uncontested, do we still have to stay separated one year or is there some way to get around that? 2) since it is uncontested with no marital property or bills to split can I get the forms somewhere and file my divorce without a lawyer? If yes where can I get the forms? Thank you in advance.
Kim

LdiJ

kim1181 said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina
Couple of questions: 1) This divorce will be uncontested, do we still have to stay separated one year or is there some way to get around that? 2) since it is uncontested with no marital property or bills to split can I get the forms somewhere and file my divorce without a lawyer? If yes where can I get the forms? Thank you in advance.
Kim
If SC state law says that you have to be separated for one year then you have to be separated for one year.

Yes, you can file without an attorney. If there is nothing to fight over then its a reasonable thing to do.

Your local courthouse can provide the forms....or you can see if your state government website has them available online.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">