• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scam or legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Janinemarie

What is the name of your state?Massachusetts.

I am desperate to get divorced-been separated almost 3 years, raising 3 kids by myself. I had a lawyer but he was not help to me. My life has been a circus w/lawers, finances, emotional, physical exhaustion, etc... My question is.. Are these "quick divorce kits" online legal? I cannot afford anymore lawyers and am at the point where I don't care about what "i deserve" or even whats "right and wrong", I just want to get divorced, have him see and help raise his kids, and pay me a weekly child support. (which he never does, he usually pays every 3-4 weeks) and is not dependable (alcoholic), no responsibility for children etc... I feel helpless. Should I purchase one of these kits???

annefan

Browse the law library of your county court and ask the clerk for help finding the proper forms you need to file for divorce and custody. The only expense proceeding pro se will be the filing costs (inquire of your county court what those are). Good luck to you.

V

velbing

scam or legal

They are legal. But a pro se divorce should only be done if both you and your spouse are willing to agree to each and every detail of the divorce. You can file it if he fights it but it is extremely difficult. If you should leave out even the simplest detail you could end up paying for it for years and a lawyers fees will seem like chicken feed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">