• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

second time asking! plez help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fairlady1958

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Hi, I have been married 17 years(second marriage)My husband and I met thru a Christian friendship club, dated a few times, and 30 days! later..... we were married... he had a son 5, and I had a son 9 and dau.7 at the time...The majority of this marriage has been full of hurt and distrust. To make my long story short, in 17 years we have both had an affair, his is most recent within the past year, there has been problems with he and my oldest daughter (from my previous marriage) when she was only 14, she is now 24, he is very controlling, and demanding and very materialistic!! I do care about him, and love him, but we have become strangers in our own home. Our youngest daughter(which is our daughter together) is now 14 and begs me to leave. I am not able to support my daughter and I financially, but I feel I really want to step out and make a life for her and I alone. If I leave, can he get me for abandonment? would I give up my right for spousal support? Would he still have to pay me support even if we are just separated? I am so scared. Can anyone give me some advice and comfort? thank you so much.
:confused:

V

velbing

second time asking

Set up an initial consultation with a Family law attorney. Many offer a free or fee-reduced initial consult. He/She would be able to give you any information you might need.

If you leave him, take your daughter. You cannot be prosecuted for "abandoning" a spouse.

F

Fairlady1958

:confused: Fear keeps me where I am and living under a great deal of control and emotional abuse. I live each day moment by moment. Wishing this marriage would work, and knowing it probably won't. Due to some medical problems I am unable to work full time, therefore placing me in a positon where I stay because I am afraid I wont be able to provide for my daugther. I can do without alot, but I dont want her to. I dont want to be his enemy. We just have nothing in common, and really rarely carry a conversation. He's miserable too but neither of us will make the first step. Can I get help for from the state for the medical/mental reasons I cant work?

V

velbing

Second time

If you are living in fear, RUN, don't walk to the nearest womens shelter with your daughter in tow. They have many resources you and I would never begin to think of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">