• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MKS1375

What is the name of your state?LOUISIANA
:confused: I have been considering divorce now for the last year of my marriage. I have some questions that I would like some feed back on. My husband and I were married in 2001, and we have one child together. I have been a stay at home mom and wife since 2001, when I was pregnant with our daughter. Since I am the one that is the sole care taker of our daughter, bathe her, feed her, drive her to school, take her to doctor appointments, everything do I have the right to move (out of state) with her before our divorce proceedings have really started? Even if he knows exactly where we will be living?
Also, since I have not worked in 4 years and my husband is the sole income of our household, does that mean I am entitled for him to pay me spousal support/ alimony? What about the car I drive, the title is in his name yet I have driven the car since we first bought it, before we were married? Is or can he call and report it stolen even though in all reality it is my car? He has threatened once before to take my keys and not allow me to go anywhere in HIS car!!
Please any advice is greatly appreciated!!

seniorjudge

MKS1375 said:
What is the name of your state?LOUISIANA
:confused: I have been considering divorce now for the last year of my marriage. I have some questions that I would like some feed back on. My husband and I were married in 2001, and we have one child together. I have been a stay at home mom and wife since 2001, when I was pregnant with our daughter. Since I am the one that is the sole care taker of our daughter, bathe her, feed her, drive her to school, take her to doctor appointments, everything do I have the right to move (out of state) with her before our divorce proceedings have really started? Even if he knows exactly where we will be living?
Also, since I have not worked in 4 years and my husband is the sole income of our household, does that mean I am entitled for him to pay me spousal support/ alimony? What about the car I drive, the title is in his name yet I have driven the car since we first bought it, before we were married? Is or can he call and report it stolen even though in all reality it is my car? He has threatened once before to take my keys and not allow me to go anywhere in HIS car!!
Please any advice is greatly appreciated!!

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=294328

I think what LdiJ told you the first time you asked this question is still good advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">